fredag 24 juli 2009

Visiting some friends and the wolfs at Kolmårdens Djurpark (zoo) (19-24/7)

During last week I've been visiting some good old friends that I haven't seen for a long long time. I spent the first two days (Sunday-Tuesday) at Richards place in Linköping, then two and a half day with Nathalie in Norrköping. I had also pre-booked a adventure at Kolmårdens Djurpark (zoo): Visit and pet the wolfs! (I received this adventure as a gift card last Christmas)

The wolf's greeting ceremony is to jump up and put it's front pawns on your shoulders and then lick you in the corner of the mouth, and then the whole face =) Very nice...

And they can get a bit jealous as well, so you might end up with 3 or 4 wolf's licking your face. Otherwise they just love when you scratch them on their belly!

Here are some pictures from the wolf encounter:


I can assure you that it was an incredible and unforgettable experience! Wow, the wolfs are soooo amazing. I, together with 14 other people and the keeper, went into the enclosure of four 9 year old male wolfs. We all freezed when the wolfs ran towards us. They are quite big you know ;) Then the wolf at the top of the hierarchy started snarling at the other wolfs (not us), just to maintain the hierarchy/order in the group and let the others know what they are allowed to do and not. Some of you maybe recognise this behaviour from a group of tame dogs. The keeper told us that a tame, unknown wolf is more reliable than a unknown dogs, because the wolfs body language is easier to read and they'll rather back away that bite. So we felt pretty safe.


If you're thinking about what to buy for a birthday/Christmas present or just wanna do something different and exiting, I encourage you to do something like this! It's a great and unforgettable experience!

And here are pictures of the other animals that you can see in the park, incl me and Nathalie:


Now I'm back in Göteborg where I'll prepare myself for the 2+2 week long education at SIDA's headquarters in Härnösand (starting on the 10th of Aug). I have a lot of things to do during this 2 weeks:

-Complete my vaccination
-Buy some things for the trip (sleeping bag, medical kit etc)
-Clean out my apartment
-Spend time with my friends
-Throw a "birthday-/far well party" on the 1st of August

Over and out for today

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar